The Teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda

Inspiring Quotes from or Stories about the Great Master
Dave
Piano Monster
Piano Monster

The Teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda

Post by Dave » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:40 am

Paramahansa Yogananda (1896-1952) was one of the Great Spiritual teachers of the 20th century. He is best known for his classic book Autobiography of a Yogi, and has extensive writings, videos, and and recordings that go into great depth on tons of interesting and important topics. I've found this wealth of teaching to be an endless source of guidance and inspiration, and I look forward to sharing excerpts from them here, and hearing from some of you that have also been touched by his work. Recently a FANTASTIC film called Awake: The Life Story of Yogananda was released worldwide in theatres and soon-to-be on DVD. Let's leave this section as a tribute to PY and anything related to his legacy.

Dave

Dave
Piano Monster
Piano Monster

Re: The Teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda

Post by Dave » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:32 am

I deeply recommend this FANTASTIC trilogy of books from Yogananda:

The Divine Romance
Journey to Self-Realization
Man's Eternal Quest

Dave

ZenCat

Post by ZenCat » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:35 am

Dear Dave,

I am so happy to discover such a distinguished musician like yourself that is also inspired by Paramahansa Yogananda. This is like winning the lottery! The great Guru has been a spiritual source of inspiration and strength throughout my life. I came across his Autobiography when I was sixteen years of age; I am now in my mid fifties.

Thank so much for adding this Paramahansa Yogananda forum. I will be sure to check in regularly.

Blessings to you indeed!

Dave
Piano Monster
Piano Monster

Post by Dave » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:08 pm

Groovy, baby! I decided about 15 years ago to go through life holding Paramahansaji's hand, and I have never regretted that decision for a moment) I study his teachings every day, practice the meditation techniques and listen to his recordings and watch AWAKE all the time. He is my WAY..

DF

ZenCat

Post by ZenCat » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:45 am

Dave wrote:Groovy, baby! I decided about 15 years ago to go through life holding Paramahansaji's hand, and I have never regretted that decision for a moment) I study his teachings every day, practice the meditation techniques and listen to his recordings and watch AWAKE all the time. He is my WAY..

DF
Dear Dave,

Paramahansaji was, and continues to be, a great Light in this oft times dark world. I need not tell you that holding onto His hand will definitely fill our life with Light. Thank you for sharing your history.

Blessings,

Emanuel

Dave
Piano Monster
Piano Monster

Post by Dave » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:30 am

Hi Emanuel, thanks for writing)

ZenCat

Post by ZenCat » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:39 pm

Dave wrote:Groovy, baby! I decided about 15 years ago to go through life holding Paramahansaji's hand, and I have never regretted that decision for a moment) I study his teachings every day, practice the meditation techniques and listen to his recordings and watch AWAKE all the time. He is my WAY..

DF
Hi Dave,

I feel like I'm imposing with this inquiry, but; are you doing Kriya? I know the teachings and techniques prior to the Kriya Yoga are enough to get you to Heaven.

Peace brother.

Emanuel

Dave
Piano Monster
Piano Monster

Post by Dave » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:19 pm

I do the Energization Exercises, Hong-Sau and Om techniques, I've been looking into getting Kriya soon maybe) I also do Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan regularly. Fantastic)

ZenCat

Post by ZenCat » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:05 pm

Dave wrote:I do the Energization Exercises, Hong-Sau and Om techniques, I've been looking into getting Kriya soon maybe) I also do Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan regularly. Fantastic)
I waited longer than I should have - years after I was at the point in the lessons where I was qualified to receive Kriya.

You will not be let down.

Blessings to you!

Emanuel

Dave
Piano Monster
Piano Monster

Post by Dave » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:20 pm

thanks!